Spotify is a popular music streaming platform that lets you listen to music online and access millions of tracks. It’s free to use and available worldwide. If you recently bought a Macbook, you may want to download Spotify to enjoy the music you’ve always loved. You can do this on a Macbook or other computer by downloading the app. Spotify is a very popular streaming music service, and there are several ways to use it on a Mac computer. Let’s take a look at how to do this in three different ways.
Method 1- Use Spotify Web Player
1. Click the Safari icon in the menu bar or open Safari.com on your Mac.
2. In the search bar, type Spotify.com.
3. Click login at the top right and log in to your account.
Now you can get to your favorite music faster than ever! It’s now super easy to listen to any songs, albums, or playlists you want using the web player.
To add Spotify to your Mac home screen, just drag and drop the URL from Safari to your desktop. You can even add a shortcut to it from iTunes if you want to use it to play music.
Method 2- Install Spotify Progressive Web App (PWA)
Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge make it easy to get websites installed on your PC that are like apps on your phone. You can do this in a variety of ways including from a link on the site, an email notification, or by visiting the app store page directly. You can even install Spotify PWA for macOS in this way.
1. Visit Spotify’s website and open it in your browser.
2. On the page that appears, tap the 3 dot menu in the top right corner.
3. Click the button to install the site as an app.
4. In the Install dialog box, click on Install.
The Spotify Web App has now been installed on your Mac. It’s a web-based app that works in your web browser but also includes a dedicated desktop icon.
If you want to remove the PWA, go to https://edge.spotify.com or http://chrome.google.com and delete Spotify.
Method 3- Download & Install Spotify App on Mac
How about searching for Spotify in the Mac App Store? To get Spotify on macOS, you’ll need to download the Spotify app from the official website. You can download and install Spotify on Mac. Here’s how:
1. You can find Spotify at spotify.com/us/download/mac/.
2. Click the Download button.
3. Unzip the downloaded SpotifyInstaller.zip file.
4. Click the downloaded Install Spotify. App. Tap Open when prompted with the warning that this is an app downloaded from the internet.
5. Download Spotify and install it on your Mac computer.
The Spotify app is now available from the Launchpad. Sign in to your account and enjoy. You can also download songs offline if you have a premium account.
Read Also: How To See Your Spotify Listening Time?