There are many reasons why you might want to change your Spotify password. Maybe you’re tired of having to share your Spotify login with friends. Or perhaps you want to keep your Spotify account private. Whatever the reason, it’s easy to change your Spotify password. In this article, we’ll show you how to do that.
Changing Your Password
- Visit https://www.spotify.com in a web browser.
- Click the Login button in the upper right corner of the window.
- 3- Enter your username/email address and password.
- Spotify accounts are linked to Facebook accounts, but you can change your Spotify password without having to change your Facebook password. You can choose to do this if you want to keep your Spotify and Facebook identities separate.
- Click LOG IN.
- Click your user name. It’s in the lower-left part of the window.
- Click Account.
- If you want to open a Spotify account, you’ll first need to click on the “View Account” link.
- Click Change Password. It’s next to the lock icon on the left side of the screen.
- Enter your current password in the top box.
- Enter a new password in the next field.
- Re-type the new password in the bottom field.
- Click SET NEW PASSWORD.
Resetting Your Password
- Go to https://account.spotify.com/password-reset in your browser to reset your password.
- Type your Spotify username or email address in the form. Make sure to use the email address associated with your Spotify account.
- Click SEND. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address associated with your Spotify membership.
- Check your email and open the message from Spotify.
- Click the link in the email.
- Enter a new password in the labeled field.
- Re-type the new password.
- Click SET PASSWORD.